I finished up my two blocks for the June do. Good Stitches quilt! This month we made spiderweb blocks using chartreuse and raspberry.
These blocks were a little time consuming, with a lot of up-down-back-and-forthing (cut, sew, press, cut, sew press) but it was exciting to trim the excess and see the finished result of each triangle section! I like them :) (You can find the tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew!) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's blocks all together in the completed quilt. Hopefully my color choices go nicely with everyone else's.
In other quilting news, my first real longarm customer LOVED the two quilts I did for her! :) Yay. I have to say they did look really nice.... although I didn't take a picture of them! They were both Halloween themed, so I did one with a spiderweb pattern in a variegated orange-ish blackish, and one with some purple ghostly ghouls ;)
I have seven Quilts of Valor in my possession that I started working on this morning, and I just completed my advanced longarm training class, so I've got some good custom longarm practice going on. I hope to have most of them finished by next weekend so I can give them back to the Quilts of Valor girls to be bound and delivered.
I'm feeling super confident in my longarm quilting abilities, and can't wait until my website goes live... (soon I hope!) Until then, if you are interested in getting an estimate for a quilt, please feel free to email me: EileenJosephine [at] gmail [dot] com.