A mere change in schedule is all it took for my life to take a turn toward awesome... Greg and his brother decided to start working out in the evenings instead of the mornings, and this new schedule works out so much better!
- I don't have to (not) get up at 5am to work out (it's just too hard)
- I don't have to work out in the evenings, which keeps me up all night
- Since the timing is so much more convenient, I will actually work out
- Greg gets to spend more time with Vada in the morning
- Greg actually gets to work earlier in the morning so he can prepare himself for the day
- I get to quietly and leisurely cook dinner after putting Vada to sleep
- Greg and I get to enjoy a later-than-usual, but quiet and relaxing dinner together as husband and wife
I'm giving my 5k training another go since my knees are better. This time, I'm not going to try running outside until I've finished the 9 week training course on the treadmill. Hopefully that will strengthen me up enough to prevent another bout of patellar tendonitis.
So, as expected, I've had a ton of energy all day after getting up at 6 and doing my cardio. I had to do a bunch of stuff for the salon this morning, and then Vada and I went to the park before nap time. We spent the afternoon organizing some things in the sewing/craft/play room, which I'm feeling really good about. I got rid of a lot of crap I don't need, and prettied up my desk and bookshelf.
I got a new green lamp for my desk... I had my eye on it for weeks. It was on display in the front window of a boutique next to the salon, so I finally just went in there and got it today. But the thing won't turn on! So it's back to the white one, which is technically supposed to go in the living room once we acquire a second end table.
Now I've got one wall of that room almost completely finished! Yay :) Finally. It felt so good to feel inspired and motivated today instead of like a slothy slug.
Since it seems that Greg is back on a normal schedule, I can't WAIT to go to some yoga classes again! Hooray for exercise and energy :)